10 Reasons Beyond Inventory That Trade Shows (Should) Rock
Trade shows are well known for being go-to-destinations to source inventory for stores, but have you ever considered why else trade shows are valuable?
Many trade shows offer education sessions, networking opportunities, social events and hands-on product knowledge that simply can’t be gained in stores. A look at the upcoming ASD Market Week in Las Vegas is a great example of this, with show perks that include an opening night party, over 60 educational seminars, an easy-to-use digital show planner and more.
When considering your next trade show experience, consider if they offer you the following:
1. Educational Seminars / Workshops – A great example of education at a trade show is the the Independent Retailer Conference, which ASD Market Week welcomes to each of their bi-annual, Las Vegas based events. Attendees can engage, learn and connect with retail thought leaders as part of their trade show experience and – surprisingly – at no cost to them… a huge perk for often budget-strapped retailers. Past experts that have participated in the Independent Retailer Conference at ASD include Constant Contact, Yelp, SnapRetail, Shopify, LightSpeed and more.
2. Inviting Lounge Areas / Rest Areas for Show Attendees – Any merchant who has ever attended a trade show knows how important it is to sit down and relax every so often. After all, trade shows require a lot of walking and working… a combo that practically screams “give me a break” after a long day! When attending trade shows, it’s always nice to feel accomodated – with your best interests always considered. This includes comfortable resting areas for in between vendor appointments, to relax your feet or just because.
3. Show Sponsored Party (free cocktails included!) – Let’s face it… everyone likes a night out! And after working all day and for many, 7 days a week in general, a night out is always fun to look forward to. Many trade shows offer perks for their attendees, and ASD Market Week is no exception. Attendees of their upcoming March 1-4, 2015 Las Vegas show can look forward to joining ASD management at the The Sayers Club inside recently opened hotel SLS Las Vegas. Doors open at 10pm, and there is a one hour well open bar from 10pm-11pm. All badge holders receive complimentary entry!
4. Exciting Giveaways – In true Vegas style, attendees of the upcoming ASD Market Week can get in the spirit of “winning” by participating in the various social media giveaways that ASD has going on to win tickets to Vegas shows that include Absinthe, as well as a concert by country music stars Rascall Flatts. Show tickets for free? Yes, please. Whatever trade show you attend, discover what giveaways they may be offering… then aim to win!
5. Discounts at Local Attractions – Okay, so giveaways are great… but the truth is, you likely won’t win (hey, odds are stacked against you). This said, you should still aim to have some fun while attending a trade show – after all, it’s not often you get away from your store (right?!). Check out the website of the trade show you plan to attend and see what specials they may be offering you as an attendee of their show. ASD Market Week, for example, offers discounts on various Las Vegas shows and more. For a full list of their attendee show perks, click here.
6. Hotel Specials – Hopefully the trade show you plan to attend is free, because the expenses for travel can add up. Fortunately, a show like ASD Market Week offers hotel discounts and special rates that make attending their shows affordable and enjoyable. A win-win. As for shows you attend that don’t offer this? You may want to consider attending another show…
7. Airport and / or Hotel Shuttles – Traveling can sometimes be a pain… unless, of course, you can get around with ease. Held in Las Vegas – a town designed to get from point A to point B in your walking shoes, via a monorail or with easy to access cabs – ASD Market Week makes getting from your hotel to the show as easy as 1,2,3. They offer complimentary shuttles from the show to many hotels, plus ASD Market Week is held in the Las Vegas Convention Center which is adjacent to the Las Vegas monorail. Truly, it really is that easy.
8. Customized Digital Show Planners – If you’re heading to ASD, it’s a must you use the Show Planner provided by ASD Market Week to help you manage your show experience. If you’re heading to another show, you should still check this out because it’s a fantastic tool to use for trade shows… and one that we’re confident one day you’ll wonder how you lived without! This Show Planner is easy to use and provides a tremendous amount of support to your show navigation. The planner allows you to identify vendor matches based on product categories, contact exhibitors for show appointments, as well as review and schedule educational seminars. The ASD Show Planner is a one-stop destination for your planning, that allows you to identify all that ASD has to offer as you prepare for your big trip to the show. The Show Planner also allows you to export appointments to your own Desktop calendar – making your show planning even that much more efficient. For a quick video tutorial on how to use the ASD Market Week Show Planner, simply click here.
9. Mobile Apps – It’s 2015, so apps are becoming more and more of the norm. But only apps that truly help you and your trade show experience make sense. Consider what apps may be available, then identify how they may work for you to help ease your show experience and save you time. Plus, check out ASD’s recently launched one here!
10. Vendor Matchmaking Support – Not sure where to go? What vendors to see? What to do? We love the idea of matchmaking services to support you and your trade show experience. ASD welcomes attendees to ask their matchmakers whatever they wish – from hotel questions to vendor questions to educational seminar questions and more. Having these located throughout the show floor is an added perk – making it easy, easy, easy for attendees to enjoy their trade show experience.
When combining the above mentioned perks with strong inventory assortment, trusted vendors and a broad range of retail categories to source from, you can rest assured that you are maximizing your trade show experience.
Want to learn more about Retail Minded’s favorite trade show? Discover ASD Market Week here!
Photo Credit: Woodmark, a past exhibitor at ASD Market Week.