Why To Introduce A Blog To Your Website
As if we all weren’t busy enough, research tells us that by offering a blog on our websites, we are likely to increase website traffic. Search engines love new content, so blogs that are updated often will feed in the search engine systems and include you in searches as necessary. Likely, your blog will be updated more often then new product in your web-store or new information on your general site, so it allows you to constantly get refreshed within search engines. Now once you get your audience to your blog, the catch is to keep them there and hope that they will want to come back! So just how do you do that? It has to be a good blog.
No one wants to read boring, not useful information. Whether your blog provides information, humor or ideas, it must keep you audience’s attention so that they will want to come back to you blog (and your site) again. While some people or businesses have a blog and no website, the majority of bloggers offer a blog in addition to a website with other information they are looking to share. Retail Minded is the perfect example of this. Originally founded as a retail and wholesale support firm for small business owners, Retail Minded introduced our professional blog as a way to help more people – clients or not – through the content we share in our blogs. We continue, however, to work with retailers and wholesalers through our support services. As a result of the blog, though, search engines pull up Retail Minded more often and in return, we have gained increase traffic to our website – and new clients!
So if you are looking to gain more traffic to your website, consider these few points regarding how a blog may help you:
1. Frequent website updates, including within a blog, allow for search engines to constantly be refreshed with your website details. In doing this, your website is more likely to pop up during search engine searches, such as through Google.
2. Adding new content that provides information, humor or ideas that your audience enjoys will keep them coming back for more – hence returning to your site.
3. Make sure to always have a convenient link to your website from your blog, otherwise your website will not get the attention you want it to.
4. The more exposure you gain through your blog, the more likely your website will gain increased exposure, as well. Whether you sell a service or a product, sales should increase if your blog is effective.
5. A blog that allows comments also allows you and your business to hear from your consumer audience. Listen to what they are saying and respond through your buiness.
Each business is different, but the above points offer a general basis as to how a blog may help your business. You have to look at the specifics of your current business demands, your blog ideas and your audience to really know how a blog may help you specifically. And remember – if you do write a blog, stay dedicated! Frequent updates are key!