How To Launch A Successful Dropshipping Empire In Less Than One Year
People love to shop online.
In fact, 96% of Americans have made an online purchase in their lifetime; 80% have in the past month alone.
Due to the evolution of digital technologies, the world of eCommerce is now more accessible than ever.
If you want to sell a product or launch an online store, it’s never been easier – but of course, with mass accessibility comes saturation.
But, despite the competition, if you know what you’re doing or which platforms to use, you stand a high chance of success.
In today’s world, one of the best ways you can build a high-flying eCommerce based business is through dropshipping.
So, what’s dropshipping all about?
Essentially, dropshipping is an eCommerce model that allows you to trade in goods without having to stock them physically.
For instance, if you’re looking to sell novelty dog collars and you don’t have an enormous amount of space or funds for stock, you won’t have to sit in your livingroom up to your eyeballs in doggy collars, worrying about selling everything. Instead, dropshipping allows your canine mad fans to purchase a collar of their choice through your online store, but a third party will supply and deliver what you have to offer.
And this method of online selling is proving effective.
By using cutting-edge platform Oberlo, Irwin Dominguez, a first-time user made a fortune of $1 million is just eight months. By using the online marketing expertise from his previous career as a local marketing consultant (a profession he says he doesn’t miss one bit) and harnessing the capabilities of Oberlo, Irwin became a commercial success, almost overnight.
Speaking to Oberlo about his business, his main piece of advice is:
If I started eCommerce all over again, I would do it sooner.”
More than just a dropshipping tool, Oberlo is a thriving marketplace for entrepreneurial types to search for and find products to sell. It’s an intuitive platform that connects merchants and suppliers in a matter of clicks, and its success has recently prompted an integration with Shopify.
Tips for creating your eCommerce empire
As a working example, let’s return to our novelty dog collar selling venture for a moment. Here are the steps you should take to successfully launch your online business…
- Set up an online store or HQ through Shopify or a user friendly website building CMS like WordPress.
- Use good SEO practices to optimize your online store or website for search engines and launch a blog so you can share fresh dog-based content with your fans. Use this Shopify SEO Guide if your store is hosted on with them.
- Think about the kind of products you want to sell. Do you just want to sell traditional style collars or do you want to provide electronic dog collars too? What about novelty dog treats? The more niche you can be, the better (this way, you’ll cut through the noise and stand out from the competition).
- Once you’re all set up and ready to start selling stock, use Oberlo to import items of stock to your store, set up automatic order fulfilment, automate inventory and pricing updates and customise your product descriptions.
- Enjoy growing your empire and your new life as a dropshipping legend!
We hope this has given you everything you need to start your dropshipping venture and for more eCommerce tips, read our guide to scaling up your independent retail business. If you’re looking to start a bustling eCommerce business, Oberlo is particularly effective as its user friendly and allows you to scale your business according to its growing success.